Modernism Trail in Katowice is a walking trail in center of Katowice. It contains of 16 buildings built in unique, prewar arcihtecture in modernism style. Thanks to which Katowice was know as "polish Chicago" in the past.
Skycraper credit. UMK
Modernism Trail contains of buildings built between Ist and IInd World War. Its unique on national scale trail which shows functional diversity from: residences, through churches to public buildings.
Objects on the trail:
1. Service - residential House, Dworcowa 13
2. Educational House, Francuska 12
3. Apartment house, Wojewódzka 23
4. Apartment house Dabrowskiego 24
5. The building of the Silesian Provincial Office and the Silesian Parliament, Jagiellońska 25
6. Building of Non Complex Offices, Plac Sejmu Śląskiego 1
7. Apartment house, Podchorążych 3
8. Villa, Bratków 4
9. Villa, Kosciuszki 65
10. Tadeusz Michejda villa, Poniatowskiego 19
11. Villa, Kilińskiego 46
12. Apartment house, PCK 6
13. Apartment house, PCK 10
14. Revenue Building, Żwirki i Wigury 15/17
15. Garrison Church dedicated to St. Kazimierz Królewicz, Skłodowska-Curie 20
16. National Economy Bank, Mickiewicza 3
Modernism Trail in Katowice designated by the above mentioned buildings is ca. 5, 5 km. long.